Access Statement and General Information
Little Court Cottages are two fully equipped, self-contained, single storey, self-catering cottages located in a converted former stable block at Little Court.
As much information as possible has been included in this statement, but please do contact us if you have any queries. We are happy to help and look forward to welcoming you.
• All guests are provided with written directions to the cottage.
• There are regular public transport links to/from the village. These are the Stagecoach 2/2A bus routes between Upton St Leonards (Birchall Lane) and Gloucester City Centre terminus (opposite Gloucester railway station).
• The closest bus stop is a short walk to the end of Rance Lane, across Birchall Lane and the bus stop is by the Recreation Ground approximately 100 yards along Birchall Lane.
• The railway station is approximately 3 miles away in Gloucester.
• Tesco will deliver if you are registered, but delivery vehicles must wait outside the gates and use a trolley to bring in deliveries.
• Taxis are available from Gloucester.
• This access statement is available on our website and in the Guest Information folder in each cottage. It is available in different font sizes upon request.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Use the intercom on the right-hand pillar to gain first access. Automated gates will open and drive into car park.
• From the car park, there is level access to both cottages.
• The car park has space for 6 cars (shared with Little Court plus the two cottages) and is laid to tarmac.
• A loose stone-covered pathway leads from the car park area to both cottages which are adjacent to each other.
• There is one step from the pathway into each cottage.
• The larger cottage has a further step up just inside the front door which leads to a level laminate covered floor throughout the cottage.
• The smaller cottage has a tiled entrance hall from which a further step leads into the living area and another into the bedroom/en-suite shower room and WC. From the entrance hall, a level laminate covered floor continues throughout the cottage.
• The car park is lit at night and the pathway outside the cottage is also lit at night by a movement sensor light.
Main Entrance & General Information
• Guests are met on their arrival and keys are handed over. Two sets of keys are available to guests for each cottage.
• All guests are given a familiarization tour of the cottage.
• The front door opens into an entrance hall. There is a large coir mat set into the floor.
• All the doorways in the cottage are 84cm wide.
• Both cottages are level throughout with wood laminate flooring in all areas. Beige 100% wool carpet mats are provided in the double bedrooms either side of the bed.
• Guest Information folders are provided in both cottages with information about the cottage and surrounding areas, together with leaflets for local attractions.
Open-Plan Living Rooms with Dining/Kitchen Areas
• The main living space is open plan with plastered walls.
• The larger cottage has one 3-seater leather sofa and an armchair both of which are moveable. The seat height is 42cm.
• The smaller cottage has one 3-seater leather sofa which is moveable. The seat height is 42cm.
• Both cottages have a Digital TV with built-in DVD. The screen is 32” wide with a remote control and access to Freeview/Radio. A radio/alarm/ CD player is also available in the main bedrooms.
• The dining table has an under space of 62cm. There are 4 armless dining chairs available at the table. An additional chair is provided in the main bedrooms.
• The kitchen is L-shaped. The base units are 90cm high, the wall units are 130cm and the work surface is 90cm deep.
• The fridge has a freezer compartment and is freestanding beside the worktop.
• The ceramic hob and oven are electric and are at base unit height. The grill door pulls down and the oven door opens outwards. Above the hob is an extractor unit with a light.
• There is an eye-level microwave in the larger cottage and in smaller cottage it is on the work surface.
• Crockery, glasses and cups are located in the wall cupboards and can be moved upon request. Pots and pans are located in the base units together with cutlery drawers.
• There is a standard size, front-loading washer/dryer provided in the kitchen at base unit height.
• An iron, ironing board and airer are provided.
• A rotary washing line is available just outside the cottages. Clothes pegs and washing baskets are provided in each cottage.
• There is an iron-framed double size bedstead. The height of the bed is 60cm. All bedding is cotton or poly-cotton with non-feather pillows and quilt. Quilts are changed seasonally to appropriate tog ratings.
• The space to the left of the bed is 90cm wide.
• The space to the foot of the bed is 80cm wide.
• There are two separate reading lights available on each side of the bed.
• A dressing table with two drawers, a stool and a tilting mirror is provided in the larger cottage.
• There is also a chest of drawers and a double wardrobe providing hanging space with a shelf above.
• A waste paper basket is provided.
• A further chair is provided.
• A radio/alarm/ CD player is also provided and a small selection of CDs.
Bedroom 2 (larger cottage only)
• There are two iron-framed single beds each having one side against the wall. The distance between the beds is 72cm. All bedding is cotton or poly-cotton with non-feather pillows and quilt. Quilts are changed seasonally to appropriate tog ratings.
• There is a bookshelf and reading light available above each of the two beds.
• The shower room has a shower cubicle with a clear glass pivot door which opens outwards. It has a Mira electric shower on an adjustable riser unit with a light/extractor centrally located above.
• It has a close-coupled WC and hand basin.
• The hand basin is 83cm high with a mirror over. The shaving socket is located above the mirror at a height of 185cm.
• The toilet seat is 42cm high.
• There is a wall-mounted heated towel rail and an electric fan heater mounted on the wall in the smaller cottage.
Grounds and Gardens
The area of lawn immediately outside the cottages is available for our guests’ use and garden furniture is provided outside each cottage.
• Mobile phone reception varies from network to network.
• Electric smoke detectors are located in all rooms of both cottages. A torch is also provided in each cottage.
• For the comfort of all of our guests the cottages are strictly non-smoking and pets are not allowed.
• Hours of operation: Open all year